home       about       team       fashion       beauty       home décor       how to       lifestyle       rss

Yay or nay? Black Sequin Blazer

I will be honest: I've never been a big fan of sequins. Could have something to do with an early childhood memory of my mother over-embellishing her tops with hand-sewn sequins and beads. So kitsch!

But of course, the cyclical nature of fashion will dictate that at some point all that bling will come back in style - with a vengence. I guess mum was actually ahead of the fashion curve. Recently we've seen sequins encrusting everything from tops to shoes, making my mum's bedazzled customisations seem reserved by comparison. Despite this I have made it a point to stay away from all that shimmery silliness...

Though I have to admit to a morbid fascination with the black sequin blazer. I think they look pretty rock chic, particularly with distressed skinny jeans. I have also seen some gorgeous looks with denim shorts, black leggings, and shirt dresses.

black sequin jacket
Warehouse Sequin Blazer @ asos.com

I saw a black sequin jacket similar to the one above in a shop the other day, and was close to buying it. But could I pull it off? Perhaps I am still feeling a bit of that old sequin-phobia, because I left it on the rack.

Where would you wear a black sequin blazer? What would you wear with it?

4 comments:

  1. I saw one at Warehouse the other day! ^_^

    I'd probably pair it up with a short structured dress, the shorter the better, lol! ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  2. That does sound cool. I guess once you get over the "but it's covered in sequins thing" there's plenty of possibilities for outfits. I just need to go out more often... :p

    ReplyDelete
  3. I say 'YAY'! And yes you can pull it off and it's good for clubbing and if you're attending a night event :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. *Adds "Black Sequin Blazer" to Xmas wishlist*

    :D

    ReplyDelete

“You can get through life with bad manners, but it's easier with good manners.” Play nice, dears!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails