home       about       team       fashion       beauty       home décor       how to       lifestyle       rss

Design Inspirations: Vinyl Wall Decals & Decorative Mirrors

Painting the walls does change the whole feel of a room, but let's face it - it's messy and time consuming. I have recently updated the colour scheme in my lounge room, and while I'm pleased with the results I am still on the look out for some interior design ideas to add zest to the lounge and other rooms in my apartment.



And so I stumbled upon vinyl wall decals. These things look amazing, are removable (though often only usable once) and from what I have read there's very little effort involved other than deciding what you want and where. Peel. Stick. Done!



They usually come in various colours, and so could suit any room. Some of the prettiest ones I've seen are available on Etsy and I covet them.



Bird on branch wall decal


Birch trees in winter wall decal

'Bird on Branch' here and 'Birch Trees in Winter' here.



Another little design idea that I simply love is the use of mirrors. Mirrors cut in usual shapes, or in sleek contemporary frames are my favourites. But wait, there's more! How about using those vinyl decals to decorate a simple frameless mirror? As much as some people hate the mass-produced consumerism that it represents, IKEA is a great place to find basics that you can pretty up with your own creative touch.



Decorate Mirrors

Various mirrors available from IKEA; 'Chickadee on Branch' Vinyl Decal from here



I think my next DIY venture will be to create a unique piece of contemporary art out of mirrors to hang in the very narrow entrance hallway of my apartment. Stay tuned for the next installation.

1 comment:

  1. When it comes to Vinyl Wall Stickers Vinyl, you have an opportunity to make a design statement. Here are some important tips to using framed photos and prints in a way that will enhance your interior design scheme.

    ReplyDelete

“You can get through life with bad manners, but it's easier with good manners.” Play nice, dears!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails